Thursday, September 13, 2012

to the happy couple...

Happy Thankful Thursday!
I made this card for my cousin, Kaitlyn, whose wedding is this Saturday.
Her wedding colors are yellow and navy.
I used my first ever Taylored Expressions stamps. LOVE THEM! All the Moka stamps are darling! I will definately be getting a bunch more of them. For this card I used, 
Charlotte and Jack from the Moka Collection. 
Don't they make a cute couple?



I masked her so that he would be standing a little behind her. I didn't like it when I stamped them side by side. To mask I just stamped her once on Shimmery White CS (SU) and then again on a scrap piece of paper and cut her out to create my mask. I usually do this on a post-it BUT I didn't have any that were big enough (and the paper worked fine). I put my mask on top of my stamped image of Charlotte and then stamped Jack where I wanted him and then lifted the mask away. They are both colored with copics (don't look too close..I'm still figuring out this blending thing...*grin*).
 
 
 
I added some Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter to her dress, veil and shoes. It's so beautifully sparkley! Love!!
And Gelly Roll pen in sparkley silver to her flower ribbons and crown.
The sentiment is from Charlotte's set.
 
 
I used the Mini Rolled Rose and Fancy Flourish Die-namics from MFT.
I cut the flourish into several pieces and then tucked them under the roses. I was so excited by how these turned out with the music note DP.
 
 
I used the Crazy 4 Challenges sketch.
I hope you like my take.
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
Rachel
 
Recipe
Stamps: Charlotte and Jack (Separate stamp sets) by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo
Paper: The Thrift Shop byOctober Afternoon and Sunshine by MME, Very Vanilla (SU), Shimmery White (SU),
            Night of Navy
Accessories: Mini Rolled Rose and Fancy Flourish Die-namics by MFT, Circle and Lacey Circle Nestabilities,
                      Medium pearls, sewing machine, copics, Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter, Gelly Roll Silver pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so appreciated!