Sunday, May 1, 2011

May is Here!

*Scoll down to see my MFT guest designer contest entry*

It seems like forever since I've posted anything. I seem to have no spare time...
And here is my reason why...


This is Charity. She's our newest little foster baby. We picked her up from the hospital at the end of February. She's 10 weeks old now. Isn't she sweet? But, she hasn't been letting me get much crafting done until now. *sniff*  So, this week has been the first week I have gotten to be in my craft room. And I was so excited to  participate in the MFT Guest Designer Contest.

Here's my entry for Blue Jeans and Bling:


This is a mini scrapbook made out of 2 brown paper lunch bags. You place one bag one direction and then flip the next one the other way and place one on top of the other. Then, fold them in half.
I used this Pure Innocence cutie from MFT, 4 leaf clover, for the cover. I paper pieced her clothes. Aren't her jeans cute? And I used a small heart punch to cover the clover and added some stickles for bling.
All the DP is Kitch by the Girl's Paperie. LOVE this paper! The denim ruffle is from a skirt that my daughter out grew. There are self-adhesive crystal bling on both sides of the circles cuz you can never have enough sparkle! "Happy Mother's Day" is printed on vellum and attached with silver HP brads from SU.


This is actually pages 4 & 5. I cut the rolled roses out of a faded piece of denim and put a crystal brad in the center. Love how they turned out! I used the banner strip and alphabet for the headers. And the second little PI is from the Happy Mail set. And I paper pieced a little denim dress for her.


These are my teens, Hannh and Jarod. I used the jumbo scallop die-namic on well worn denim and stitched it on using a zigzag stitch. Tied bows with linen thread for the buttons and added more crystal pink and green bling.

This is the final 2 pages. I used the Jumbo scallop die-namic and the PI Love You With All My Heart.
I hope you check out all the entries HERE.
And head over to MFT to see all the fabulous new things coming this week!

Recipe
Stamps: Pure Innocence: 4 leaf clover, Love you with all my heart, Happy Mail, Bunch of blooms
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Paper: 2 lunch brown paper bags, brocade blue, white, naturals ivory, vellum, real red, pear pizazz, DP Kitch by the girl's paperie, denim by paper pizazz
Accessories: self-adhesive crystal bling, silver HP, natural hemp, 1/4" red gingham ribbon, 3/8" blue gingham ribbon, 3/8" twill tape, sewing machine, scrap denim, circle and scallop circle nesties, copic markers, diamond stickles, buttons, linen thread, jumbo scallop die-namic, 2 binder rings, banner strip and alphabet die-namic, mini star punch, rolled rose die-namic, crystal brads, oval nesties, 1/2" pear pizazz ribbon,

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Rachel, these are so cute. I may have to concede defeat to you. ;) Best of luck to both of us in the designer contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable, and I love your album!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so appreciated!