Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Day of May!

Happy Tuesday!
Can you believe it is the last day of May? It's also my kids last day of school. They are so excited for summer break and already the favorite question is, "What are we going to do this summer?" So,
I'm trying to come up with great ideas for keeping six kids happy all summer. Whoo hoo!
That sounded sarcastic, didn't it? *HA*
Well, I am looking forward to a fun summer with the kids (and hopefully...I survive!) *grin*

I made this card for my friend, Betsy, who has been hosting a fabulous craft sale for several years now.
Twice a year crafters can drop off their priced, unwanted craft items and she does all the work hosting a huge craft "garage sale" and at the end I just pick up the leftovers and my money. And then I can buy new stuff on my wish list! Yeah!! So, this is my thank you for all her hard work on our behalf.

I love this cute little baker from MFT. I thought she would be perfect for this card that included a removable recipe card. I stitched the top half of a brown paper lunch bag to my card to make the pocket. And the recipe card is from So Delish by TPC Studio, along with the coordinating DP.



 I love the Notched Tag set, also from MFT. I attached it with linen thread. The tag is made from the
lunch bag and also the bottom layer of the jumbo scallop. I stitched all the layers and the jumbo scallop layer
was zigzag stitched on. Her apron was paper pieced and the rest colored with copic markers.

Here's the Recipe:

Black Forest Cheese Cake

24 vanilla wafers
2  8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. cocoa
2 Tbsp. flour
3 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. almond extract
1 can cherry pie filling or fresh fruit

Use foil cups (cupcake size) place 1 vanilla wafer in the bottom of each. Beat cream cheese until smooth,
add sugar, cocoa, and flour, mix well. Add eggs, beat again. Stir in sour cream and almond extract. Fill
cups 3/4 way full. Bake 20-25 minutes, until set.
Topping
1 c. sour cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
stir with spoon until sugar dissolves.
After cheesecake cools, add toping, then add fruit before serving.

Makes 24
Enjoy!

Thanks so much for stopping by...Comments are SO appreciated!!

Stamps: a'la modes What's Cooking,
Ink: memento tuxedo black, wild wasabi su
Paper: So Delish by TPC Studio, Savor by little yellow bicycle, marina mist, kraft, baja breeze, certainly celery
Accessories: copics, circle nesties, sewing machine, brown lunch bag, seeing spots embossing folder, linen thread,
                  jumbo scallop die-namic, notched tag die-namic and stamp set doodlebug boutique brads (bon appetit)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so appreciated!