Thursday, August 18, 2011

Music Does the Soul Good!

Good Morning and Happy Thursday!
Well, today is the first day of school for my kids.
There was lots of excitement and a few tears.
My DH is taking me out to Bob Evans to celebrate as soon as we get our foster baby to visitation with her mom and grandma. Whoo hoo! Love going out to breakfast!!

My 13 year old daughter, Hannah, asked me last night at 9pm if I could make her a Thank You note for her band teacher. She was in our counties honor band this summer and they played at the Medina County Fair. Her band teacher came to hear her play (and Hannah was the only student from our district).
So, I used this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday sketch challenge for her thank you.
I had to tweek the sketch a little...I didn't want the ribbon hiding my PI.


I stamped My Little Firecracker (PI) but washed off the sparkler part so it looks like the band wand the teacher uses and drew in some music notes. I paper pieced her dress and the rest is colored with copics. I zigzag stitched this panel in place.


The sentiment was cut out with circle nesties. I took the sentiment from Clearly Sentimental about Music but, typed it on the computer so it would fit in my circle. And then added a mini library clip.
The scallop was done in Riding Hood Red CS using the Simply Scallop medium die-namic. I use this one all the time because it works so well on my cards. The scalloped dottie ribbon is from SU.
I stitched all the layers and added some flower bitty buttons (SU) at the top.
The inside says "a note of appreciation" but, I forgot to take a pic of the inside. OOPS!
And it went to school with Hannah this morning.


Thanks for stopping by and God Bless....

Die-namics Simply Scallops Medium




Stamps: My Little Firecracker PI (sentiment by MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Days of Summer Simple Stories, Life of the Party Lime Twist by MME, Riding hood red, chocolate chip, and white
            scrap of october afternoon
Accessories: copics, circle nesties, simply scallop medium, bitty buttons, sewing machine, choc chip scallop dots ribbon,
                      library clip, computer font


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so appreciated!