Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Sunday! It was a beautiful sunny day today, which is very unusual for Ohio in the winter.
We ordered in for lunch and the worker kept asking me if it was for now or later. I could not for the life of me figure out why we would want our order later...until my husband mentioned the Super Bowl was today.
Hehe! Can you tell I'm not very big into NFL football? Well, on to business...

This is my card for the CPS 5th Anniversary Day 8 sketch:



I used Take Off from The Cat's Pajamas.
I paper pieced the hot air balloon and the basket. For the basket I used the Paper Studio crinkle brown paper. And colored Mr. Bun with copics. I roughed up the edges of the paper and used some vintage photo distress ink. And then stitched all the layers together. The clouds are made with the MFT cloud trio die-namic using felt and then they are zigzag stitched together. I added a couple buttons in the lower corner.



This is the sketch.


And while stamping I was enjoying the perfect cup of tea. I bought a new flavor cranberry pomegranate.
Very yummy! And isn't my Fiesta ware pretty?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless....


Stamps: Take Off and Holidays & Wishes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, vintage photo distress ink
Paper: October Afternoon Thrift Store, We R MK Autumn Splendor, Very Vanilla, Kraft, crinkly brown by the paper
             studio
Accessories: copics, sewing machine, embroidery thread, buttons, felt, MFT simply scallop medium and cloud trio
                        die-namics

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I like so much! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, I love what you did with this cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Rachel! I just love what you did with the felt cloud, wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, Rachel....THIS is gorgoues! wow! great use of those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling...Love your balloon (and your Fiestaware! - I have Fiestaware, too!) Thanks for sketching with the CPS crew! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so appreciated!