Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Favorite Things August Guest Designer

Happy Saturday!
This month Jody and Joanne challenged us to Embellish Ourselves.
You are to create something you can wear, create an accessory for yourself.
You can check out all the details HERE.

This was loads of fun!!
I made myself a tote bag
(of course my daughter, Hannah, is trying to get me to let her have it LOL!)


I bought a medium sized denim tote by Simplicity at my local fabric store and added three colors of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, red, orange and turquoise. I spaced the first three 1 inch apart, then left a 2 inch space, then, spaced the second three ribbons 1 inch apart.
Then, I stitched them in place with a small zigzag stitch (which you can't really see in my pictures but, looks really cute). I matched the thread to the ribbon color.




I cut out 2 of each color felt using the original Rolled Rose Die-namic.
I hot glued them in place.
Then you can fill it with all your favorite stamping things!
I hope you like my tote.

Thanks so much for stopping by.....


Accessories: Rolled Rose Die-namic, 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in red, orange and turquoise
                       red, orange and turquoise felt, sewing machine, hot glue gun, simplicity med denim tote bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so appreciated!