Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Thoughts...

Hi. This is my card for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer Challenge! I love participating in this....and the prize is AWESOME! You can check out all the details HERE!





This month the challenge is a card sketch. I choose to make a tall, skinny card (4 x 9.25).

The actual sketch part is at the top and then I created a little scene at the bottom.
The PI is Happy Mail. I paper pieced her outfit and colored the rest with copic markers. 
I used several die-namics: Fresh Cut Grass, Woodgrain Fence, File Tab and Sheltering Tree.

The August Bingo is by Simple Stories: Year o graphy Simple Basics. The green with dots is a scrap and the main DP is Farm Fresh: South Forty by October Afternoon.
The "Happy Thoughts" sentiment is from another PI, Aim High.

My two "rows" are natural hemp and 3/8" twill tape (SU). The twill is hiding behind the bingo card...only the bow shows (my trial with the skinny card). *GRIN*
 
 
I distressed the fence with a little peeled paint and vintage photo distress ink. I also used a little vintage photo on the grass to make it look a little more "Fall-ish." I lengthened the tree trunk a bit behind the fence (I wanted my tree a little taller). And then added some buttons for the leaves.And I couldn't leave out the cute bird from this set, so he is hanging out in the tree. And I machine stitched around the edges and added a few zigzags.


 


Thanks for stopping by and God Bless.

Rachel

Recipe
Stamps: Happy Mail and Aim High Pure Innocence Stamps by MFT
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Peeled Paint, and Vintage Photo distress inks.
Paper: Farm Fresh: South Forty by October Afternoon, Vanilla CS, Kraft CS, X-press 
           blending CS, and a scrap of green polka dot. Simple Stories: Year o graphy Simple Basics
Accessories: buttons, copics, natural hemp, 3/8" twill tape (SU), sewing machine
MFT Die-namics: Fresh Cut Grass, File Tab, Wood Grain Fence, and Sheltering Tree  





 Die-namics File Tab






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so appreciated!